Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yourself, first.

I'm often asked the question, "How can I best help my
children, spouse, family member, staff member, friend etc.
improve/change?" In fact that might be the most frequently
asked question I receive, "How can I help change someone
else?"

My answer often comes as a surprise and here it is. The key
to helping others is to help yourself first. In other words,
the best contribution I can make to someone else is my own
personal development.

If I become 10 times wiser, 10 times stronger, think of what
that will do for my adventure as a mother... as a
wife.. as a business colleague.

The best gift I can give to you, really, is my ongoing
personal development. Getting better, getting stronger,
becoming wiser. I think parents should pick this valuable
philosophy up.

If the parents are okay, the kids have an excellent chance
of being okay. Work on your personal development as parents;
that's the best gift you can give to your children.

If you have ever ridden in an airplane, then you might have
noticed the oxygen compartment located above every seat.
There are explicit instructions that say "In case of an
emergency, first secure your own oxygen mask and then if you
have children with you then secure their masks."

Take care of yourself first... then assist your children. If
we use that same philosophy throughout our whole parental
life, it would be so valuable.

If I learn to create happiness for myself, my children now
have an excellent chance to be happy. If I create a unique
lifestyle for myself and my spouse, that will be a great
example to serve my children.

Self-development enables you to serve, to be more valuable
to those around you; for your child... your business... your
colleague... your community... your church.

That's why I teach development skills. If you keep refining
all the parts of your character, yourself, your health, etc.
so that you become an attractive person to the marketplace -
you'll attract opportunity. Opportunity will then begin to
seek you out.

Your reputation will begin to precede you and people will
want to do business with you. All of that possibility is
created by working on the philosophy that success is
something you attract by continually working on your own
personal development.

PEAS & LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment